Time: 13.00 – 19.00 h (CET)
- Webinar welcome and EABA presentation (5 min) – Jean-Paul Cadoret (EABA)
- Aim and framework of this technical webinar by the Chair (5 min) – Andrew Spicer (Algenuity)
13:10 Pitch presentations
from each participant in a row (1 minute for each participant) – chaired by Vitor Verdelho (EABA)
14:30 Algae as a protein-rich source of nutrition – trends, timing, applications
Andrew Spicer (Algenuity)
15:00 Break (15 mins)
15:15 The alternate proteins landscape – Industry needs, challenges and opportunities to supply a hungry market– 10 min + 5 Q&A for each presentation
- René Draaisma – Creating plant-based products that work: Biotechnology (Unilever)
- Kieran Furlong – Investment trends and technology landscape for alternate proteins
(Rabo Food & Agri Innovation Fund)
- Hannah Lester – Regulatory considerations for alternative proteins derived from algae
(Pen & Tec Consulting Group)
- Lukas Böcker – Balancing extraction efficiency against protein function for microalgae protein isolates (ETH-Zurich)
- Corjan van den Berg – Functional proteins from single-cell proteins (FUMI Ingredients)
- Maria Hayes – Extraction and applications of macroalgal proteins: Advantages and Caveats! (Teagasc)
16:45 Panel discussion with Q&A – challenges around supplying a rapidly growing and fast paced market opportunity – where, how and when do algae fit or even potentially disrupt? (30 mins)
17:15 Break (10 mins)
17:25 Industrial case studies – 10 min + 5 Q&A
- Marie Jane Fallourd – Galdieria sulfuraria as a fermentable source of novel proteins for human nutritrion (Fermentalg)
- Miguel Calatayud – (iWi/Qualitas Health)
- Andrew Spicer – Chlorella-based food and beverage ingredients – taking the green out (Algenuity)
- Miller Tran – The development of Chlamydomonas as a source of alternative proteins and an ingredient in alternative meats (Triton Algae Innovations)
18:30 Panel discussion with Q&A – what does the world look like in 10 years with regard to what we are eating?
18:55 Closure Jean-Paul Cadoret
19:00 End of the webinar
- The webinar organization is developed with the support of Building on Events as in 2020.
- Times are displayed in Central European Time (CET).
- The webinars will use the Zoom platform provided by EurA (EABA Member).
€ 195 regular
€ 150 for EABA members
50% increase for tickets booked within the last 10 days.
We also offer packages for EABA members and non-members. First you book one webinar and you have the option to upsell with these packages.
- Package of 3: € 380
- Package of 4: € 500
- Package of 5: € 620
- Package of 6: € 730
- Package of 7: € 840
For non members:
- Package of 3: € 500
- Package of 4: € 660
- Package of 5: € 810
- Package of 6: € 950
- Package of 7: € 1.090
One invoice and you inform us which webinars you want to attend (the conferences are excluded from the packages). With the packages you can participate in webinars and flash webinars. You can indicate which ones you want to attend and can also send a colleague.
No VAT is charged. Payment per credit card or Ideal. Invoice provided.
When you need an invoice to make a bank transfer, fill out all details in the registration form and send a mail to email@example.com. The invoice can be prepared by the organisers. Please note: all payments have to be made before the start of the webinar.
Click on the button below to register. You’ll be redirected to the registration page https://www.aanmelder.nl/124217. This page will open in a new window.